Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dedication to Lead


Today marks a landmark day in the history of The Life Church of Kansas City. This was the day that they dedicated their facility to the glory of God. I think all will be amazed at what God is going to do through each individual and as a corporate body of believers when they dedicate themselves and their property to the Lord. Something always happens when a people recommit or rededicate themselves and their possessions to the furthering of the Kingdom of God.
There are reasons why a congregation, and an individual, as well, will grow and why some may decline. There are many factors that go into the equation in both instances, but the two most important are the vision of the leadership and the commitment of the followers. My pastor has often said, “If you’re leading and nobody is following, you’re just taking a walk.” I have also heard it said that if you’re not following a leader, you’re most likely walking in a circle.
Without a doubt the leadership of the church in general has a vision to move forward to fulfill the commission of the Lord. It is the last days before we hear the call of the trumpet, and we must dedicate ourselves to the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Whether you are a member of The Life Church, Spirit of Grace Church or a member of some other church, Jesus is looking for leaders and followers to accomplish His desires in this last day. Are you supporting the leaders in your life to accomplish the vision that God has placed in them for you, and are you leading those behind you into greater depths of relationship with God? The greatest people on earth are those that will lead others to become what God wants them to become.
I am thankful for all the leaders that God has allowed me to follow, and I am especially grateful for all those that are trying to follow me in the arenas that God is directing us. So, on this day while I sat in The Life Church's dedication service, I recalled to mind all those that have led, and are leading me, and those that I am leading. When each person comes to mind, I will say a prayer of thanks, and a prayer of dedication to do everything I know the Lord leading me to do. May you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment