Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Friends


Read Proverbs 18:24

Everyone wants to have friends. The question becomes, “what determines a friend?” I read the following somewhere, sometime because I wrote it in one of my books. I apologize that I do not know where it comes from, but know this; it is not mine. I would like to share it with you, however.
What is a friend? A friend should be radical, fanatical, but most of all, a friend should be mathematical.
A friend should be radical – they should love when you’re unlovable, hug when you’re unhuggable, and bear when you’re unbearable.
A friend should be fanatical – they should cheer when the whole world boos, dance when you get good news, and cry when you cry too.
But most of all, a friend should be mathematical – they should multiply the joy and divide the sorrow, subtract the past and add to tomorrow, calculate the need deep in your heart, and always be more than the sum of its parts.
How friendly are you? Maybe you should run and give that friend a call right now; they may need some help with their math.

No comments:

Post a Comment