Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air


Read John 3:8

There is nothing like going outside for the first time in the morning. Today, I left for work and there was a nice southerly breeze that was so refreshing. It just seemed to wake me up a little and prepare me for my day. The sweet aroma of springtime made me fully alert and ready to face another day.
There have been those times when you step outside and wish that you could run back under the warmth of your covers, but today was not one of those days. I knew it was going to be a good day today (the day I am writing this). Everything was in place. The car started, the irrigation system was working at the church and I was fully awake. What more could I ask for.
Living for God is like stepping outside into a fresh springtime breeze. His presence clears the air of the pollution and you smell the sweet aroma that comes from being with Him. The warmth of the Spirit moving in you, and the tenderness of His hand holding you provides the strength for whatever is coming your way. When in the presence of the Lord, you are fully alert that the great Creator of the universe is standing right beside you. Anything is possible when you are in the breeze of the Spirit.
What do you need from Him today? What aspect of your life is twisted in knots and needs to be straightened out? What heart ache are you experiencing at this very moment? If you will just find the breeze of His presence, you will feel the full assurance of His control, and it will be a good day.

“There is no certainty; there is only adventure.”
- Roberto Assagioli

No comments:

Post a Comment