Friday, April 10, 2009

Smile Awhile


Read Deuteronomy 30:19, Joshua 24:15

I read this somewhere and I thought I would share it with you.

Outside my window, a new day I see
And only I can determine
What kind of day it will be.
It can be busy and sunny, laughing and gay,
Or boring and cold, unhappy and gray.
My own state of mind is the determining key,
For I am only the person I let myself be.
I can be thoughtful and do all I can to help,
Or be selfish and think just to myself.
I can enjoy what I do and make it seem fun,
Or gripe and complain and make it hard on someone.
I can be patient with those who may not understand,
Or belittle and hurt them as much as I can.
But I have faith in myself,
And I believe what I say,
And I personally intend to make
The best of each day.

You control what your day will become. How you think is how you will respond in all situations and how you respond will dictate your adventures. It is amazing how people are drawn to others that, even in circumstances that would leave someone in a bad mood, carry a smile. A simple smile that is genuine softens all others around and individual. Remember the old song, "Smile a while and give your face a rest..." How about it? Are you smiling yet?

“Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but how we react to what happens, not by what life brings us but the attitude we bring to life.”
- Wade Boggs

No comments:

Post a Comment