Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Look to the Lord


Read Luke 15:3-7

I thought I would share another poem with you today. I found this when I was when I was a youth pastor, so its’ primary focus was on teens, but it obviously can apply to all.

Poor lukewarm young person
Why do you still sleep?
While it is yet day
Turn to Jesus, for you He will keep.

You have thought life is nothing
So I will tell you once again,
The devil is a liar
Wanting to devour you in his den.

If you will give yourself today,
All to Jesus; heart, soul, mind and strength
He will give you all the power
To live victorious with no angst.

In Holy Ghost fire you will walk
Wanting to share with all your friends
That Jesus will keep you all
In any storm, safe unto the end.


Far too many of us are trying to make it on our own. We try our own resources, strength and ability, but when we utterly fail, we lose all hope. Why not try Him first? Turn to Him now, and not worry about the rest.

“Never forget that God tests his real friends more severely than the lukewarm ones.”
- Kathryn Hulme

No comments:

Post a Comment