Tuesday, April 14, 2009

There is a Time...To Everything


Read Ecclesiastes 3

As you can tell through this month’s devotions, I enjoy poetry. I am not always very good at it, but I do enjoy it. I wrote this poem around 1991. I wrote this to my wife (when she was not my wife!). I find that the words apply to marital relationships, friendships, and even our relationship to God.

Seasons

As the seasons God created
That change four times a year
So our lives are changing
Together, I hope, my dear.

As the summer comes to the fore
We tend to relax in peace
So it is in our relationship
It grows in relative ease.

Then as the fall comes along
And the winds begin to blow
So it is with us together
Upstream we seem to row.

And as the winter begins to storm
The sleet, the snow, the cold
All of our time together
Can seem to grow too cold.

But as the spring begins to burst
And the colors begin to mesh
Once again the two of us
Will grow, brand new, refreshed.

So be not filled with worry
When unsure feelings start to rise
Just give it all some time, my friend
I know you’ll be surprised.


We often get worried and scared when God just doesn’t seem to be found. Remember, it just may be the winter season in your walk with Him, and spring is just around the corner. It is when God seems to be the furthest away to get excited because it signifies that something brand new in your relationship is about to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment