Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's Spring!!


Read Genesis 1:14, Daniel 2:21

I love the springtime. The scent of fresh flowers and the breeze through the window is so refreshing. I get rejuvenated in the spring. I get the itch to hit a golf ball. I long to sit on my deck until the late evening. When we lived in Kansas City, we knew we had from about now until June 1 until it is too hot to enjoy anything outside. After June 1, I tended to run from air conditioner to air conditioner. The spring offers me the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors. Q – What does the spring do for you?
Can you imagine if God had not created the seasons? As much as I love spring, I would not want it to be spring twelve months of the year. I like it when it gets warm enough to enjoy the lake or the pool. I love seeing the bright colors of fall, and I even love a new fallen snow. I am thankful for the seasons.
I am also thankful that God saw fit to give us seasons of life. Life would get very dull if we only had one season. There are some things in my life that I am glad dies at the first freeze of the season. I am also glad that God refreshes it and delivers new life in the springtime of life. You see, God designed us to change. We are not static people. Daily, we change without even recognizing it. Think about the way you were and the way you thought 10 years ago. How about 20? I know I have changed.
Do not spite the seasons of your life, but rather enjoy where you are at knowing that the season will soon change and God will allow you to see new things shortly.

“Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.”
- Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:

Post a Comment